Kim Kardashian Files for Divorce from Kris Humphries
As expected, Kim Kardashian filed for divorce on Monday, just 72 days after marrying basketball player Kris Humphries in a lavish and much publicised wedding.
The 31-year-old reality TV star in a statement said it was ‘not an easy decision’ to separate from NBA star Kris, 26, after just 72 days of marriage on the grounds of ‘irreconcilable differences’.
“After careful consideration, I have decided to end my marriage,” Kardashian said in a statement. “I hope everyone understands this was not an easy decision. I had hoped this marriage was forever, but sometimes things don’t work out as planned. We remain friends and wish each other the best.”
On the other hand, Kris is devastated by Kim’s decision, with TMZ claiming he only learnt she was divorcing him this morning.
‘I’m committed to this marriage and everything this covenant represents,’ he said in a statement via his representative. ‘I love my wife and am devastated to learn she filed for divorce … I’m willing to do whatever it takes to make it work.’
For those who live in another planet and are unaware what the whole fuss is about, Kardashian and Humphries married on August 20 in southern California in a extravagant $10 million wedding, after dating for about nine months. More than three million U.S. viewers watched a two-part TV special earlier this month called “Kim’s Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian event”
But soon after the marriage, reports of rifts between the couple started leaking. Some reports have suggested Humphries was not keen to be a part of the Kardashian brand and also differed on where to settle.
For Kardashian though, it’s just another day at the office. This was her second divorce, who was previously married to music producer Damon Thomas for 4 years, separating in 2004. Yes, you read it correctly. Four long years! Kim was unperturbed by the separation and acquired financially successful notoriety by linking up with R&B singer Ray-J, American football player Reggie Bush and leaking her sex tape.
Ryan Secreast, who produces the reality star’s E! shows, also confirmed the news on Twitter. He tweeted , “Yes @kimkardashian is filing for divorce this morning. I touched base with her, getting a statement in just a few mins.”
- Amitabh Bachchan writes about his angelic granddaughter
- Trend Watch – Beautiful Kareena Kapoor in Patiala Suits
- Aishwarya Rai’s baby to born today?
- Catch ‘Players’ Promo – Hot Bipasha Basu in Red bikini
- Trailer – Veena Malik’s dhinchak item song ‘Channo’
- Trend watch: Malaika Arora looks sensuous in bandage dress
- Trailer - 'Darmiyaan' song from Jodi Breakers
- Trailer - Aahatein song from 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu'
- In pix - Rani Mukherjee and hot TV celebs graced the 18th Lions Gold Awards
- Trend watch: Shilpa Shetty, Neha Dhupia, Amisha Patel, Mugdha Godse wow in stunning anarkalis